With 4 kids and just a busy busy schedule, we are always looking for things that make life easier. One thing my boys are ALWAYS asking for is a snack so I'll be honest - fruit/veggies in a pouch have been great. Easy to have on hand, ways to travel and no mess. I have said before food pouches were a lifesaver (literally) for Asher, but they have been a huge timesaver for the rest of the family.
A few weeks ago, we received in the mail some pouch samples from a California company named Fruigees. They had super adorable names: California Grape, 24 Carrot Orange and Kalefornia Grape. They came at a perfect time since I've been considering taking food pouches as fuel for running and I'm always trying to get Asher to eat something new. I took 24 Carrot Orange out on a mid distance run to try for myself and Asher. Brought along enough for the boys to try if they wanted. Stroller ready, bikes ready and we were off!
WHAT WE LIKED:
* Names that made us smile and made it very appealing to try
* Organic, non GMO and no added sugar!
* Asher enjoyed one of the flavors!
WHAT WASNT NECESSARILY THE BEES KNEES:
* The flavors were very sweet. Almost unnaturally sweet, but yet the ingredients are all fruit and fruit juices.
* The texture was thick, thicker than expected. For runners, think the texture of warm energy gel, non runner think jello almost.
Overall, we enjoyed the pouches but they unfortunately weren't a huge hit. We all preferred the Orange flavor over the rest but yet it wasn't an overwhelming love. We make it a point to try to support local business and/or small businesses. Considering this is a California based small business we really wanted to love these pouches.