Yummy yummy in our tummy! This egg lovin' family has had to and continues to make changes in what's in our fridge. Asher, our youngest, has a serious allergy to all things egg. Next best thing for a morning scramble? Tofu!
WHAT YOU NEED:
Firm or Extra Firm Tofu
1/2 tablespoon of olive oil (you could certainly use coconut oil or grape seed oil)
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon pepper
dash of salt (we leave salt for each person to decide. Our 8 year old dislikes the taste of salt)
1/2 - 1 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
1. Take tofu out of the package and press between a towel to release the water moisture. Best thing is to press the tofu overnight to make sure excess moisture is out before cooking but you could certainly do it the day off. It will simply add a few extra minutes of cooking.
2. Heat your own with olive oil
3. With a fork, mash the tofu to resemble scrambled eggs
4. Add mashed tofu with the seasonings into the pan. Stir to mix in seasonings.
5. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the moisture is evaporated and the tofu starts to firm up.
6. Serve and enjoy
* turmeric is optional. It is mostly to add color to the tofu to have resemble scrambled eggs but also adds flavor (obviously. Lol).
* add veggies into your tofu scramble. We find a good option is very small bite size pieces of broccoli. Makes it even better.